By Chef Mick Brown
For many people, the difference between Grilling and Barbecue comes down to one simple thing- Wood Smoking. Though Chefs can now do it indoors using Smoke Guns, many Home Grillers have yet to introduce the technique into their cooking. Especially those who use Gas Grills. I was recently hired to come to the aid of a wife, who purchased 2 Grilling Lessons as Father’s Day Gifts for her husband. It seems that a brand new Built-in Gas Grill that she gave him for his Birthday, had sat unused for over 9 months.
She put me in touch with her husband, who we will call Josh, by email. He informed me that he planned to invite “a few friends” over after our Lesson, to try out his food from the new Grill. No Pressure. We agreed that he would get most of the meats in advance, so we could do an abbreviated shopping trip before getting started. We did Recipes for Grilled Vegetables, Shrimp, Steak and Chicken Breasts. In this next part, here is the Grilled Veggies Recipe.
SMOKING GRILLED VEGETABLES RECIPE
1. You can prep a variety of Veggies cut Thick for Grilling, as follows:
Green, Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers- Sliced in half lengthwise, remove core and seeds, press flat
Zucchini, Eggplant, Yellow Squash- Remove Ends, slice lengthwise into 1” inch thick strips
Orange, Purple Carrots- Peel, Remove Ends, Slice lengthwise in Half or 1” inch thick strips
2. Marinate Veggies evenly in wet mixture of Olive Oil, Fresh Chopped Garlic, Parsley and or Rosemary to taste. Add a generous amount of BBQ Dry Rub (click for Recipe)
3. Get your Gas or Charcoal Grill Smoking before you start Grilling. See: SMOKING USING WOOD CHIPS AND CHUNKS
4. Grill Veggies on Medium, or Low Part of Grill, may also use upper Warming Rack.
5. Cook evenly for 5-10 Minutes per side, until tender. Carrots and Pepper may take longer.
6. For serving, cut bigger Veggies into 2-3” inch portions. Enjoy.
Also look for Recipes for Shrimp, Steak and Chicken Breasts from this Session.
7 thoughts on “BBQ RESCUES! Smoking Grilled Vegetables Recipe”
[…] look for my description of SMOKING USING WOOD CHIPS AND CHUNKS and Recipes for Grilled Vegetables, Shrimp, Steak and Chicken Breasts from this […]
[…] look for Recipes for Grilled Veggies, Steak and Chicken Breasts from this […]
[…] look for Recipes for Grilled Veggies, Shrimp and Chicken Breasts from this […]
[…] http://bbqrescues.com/2015/09/17/bbq-rescues-smoking-grilled-vegetables-recipe/ […]
[…] Grilled Vegetables Recipe- https://bbqrescues.com/2015/09/17/bbq-rescues-smoking-grilled-vegetables-recipe/ […]
[…] How To Grill Veggies Recipe […]
[…] https://bbqrescues.com/2015/09/17/bbq-rescues-smoking-grilled-vegetables-recipe/ […]