By Chef Mick Brown
For many people, the difference between Grilling and Barbecue comes down to one simple thing- Wood Smoking. Though Chefs can now do it indoors using Smoke Guns, many Home Grillers have yet to introduce the technique into their cooking. Especially those who use Gas Grills. I was recently hired to come to the aid of a wife, who purchased 2 Grilling Lessons as Father’s Day Gifts for her husband. It seems that a brand new Built-in Gas Grill that she gave him for his Birthday, had sat unused for over 9 months.
She put me in touch with her husband, who we will call Josh, by email. He informed me that he planned to invite “a few friends” over after our Lesson, to try out his food from the new Grill. No Pressure. We agreed that he would get most of the meats in advance, so we could do an abbreviated shopping trip before getting started. We did Recipes for Grilled Vegetables, Shrimp, Steak and Chicken Breasts. In this next part, here is the Grilled Shrimp Recipe.
SMOKING GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPE
1. Use fresh thawed Large Shrimp (I recommend 16-20 or 12-16). Clean, devein and remove shell (may leave bottom tip). Place on Wooden Skewers that have been soaking in water for at least 20 Mins.
2. Marinate Shrimp evenly in wet mixture of Olive Oil, Fresh Chopped Garlic, Dill and/or Rosemary to taste. Add a generous amount of BBQ Dry Rub (click for Recipe). Finish with Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice.
3. Get your Gas or Charcoal Grill Smoking before you start Grilling. See: SMOKING USING WOOD CHIPS AND CHUNKS
4. Grill Shrimp on Medium, or Low Part of Grill, may also use upper Warming Rack.
5. Cook evenly for 4-8 Minutes per side, until no longer translucent. Do not overcook.
6. For serving, may take off of Skewers and serve with wedges of fresh Lemon and/or Shrimp Cocktail Sauce. Enjoy.
Also look for Recipes for Grilled Veggies, Steak and Chicken Breasts from this Session.
(New) Grilled Garlic Shrimp Recipe Video featuring GARLIC LOVERS SEASONING by Luvafoodie.com (sponsored)
4 thoughts on “BBQ RESCUES! Smoking Grilled Shrimp Recipes”
[…] look for Recipes for Shrimp, Steak and Chicken Breasts from this […]
[…] look for my description of SMOKING USING WOOD CHIPS AND CHUNKS and Recipes for Grilled Vegetables, Shrimp, Steak and Chicken Breasts from this […]
[…] look for Recipes for Grilled Veggies, Shrimp and Chicken Breasts from this […]
[…] Grilled Shrimp Recipe […]