It’s Game Day and as much as you Love traditional Buffalo Wings- try this Recipe, you’ll like it even better. We use lean Boneless Chicken Breasts and Thighs. Veggie BBQ will also delight Vegans and Omnivores, alike. Thanks to #EchoParkSocialClub for Rocking the Soundtrack. #Luvafoodie‘s Salt-Free Citrus Lovers Blend is perfect for Recipe. Also, True Made Foods All-Natural Vegetable BBQ Sauce makes a Big Play. This is limited Recipe Video, stay tuned Short Film with Rock Star coming soon. BBQ RESCUES Foundation, Inc.
[Written Grilling and Indoor Oven Recipes Below]
Game Day Smoked Buffalo Chicken and Veggie Bites
(12-20 Appetizer Servings)
1 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 lb Boneless Chicken Thighs
1lb Jumbo Carrots
6 Stalks Celery
4 Delicious Red Apples
1/2 Cup BBQ Rub or Spice Blend
6 oz. Worcestershire sauce
1 Cup Lowfat Blue Cheese Dressing
1 Cup BBQ Sauce (Low Fat, Vegetarian preferred)
1 Cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
4 Tbsp Butter (Lactose Free, Vegan preferred)
3 Tsp Sugar Substitue (Splenda, Agave, Honey, Monk Fruit or your preferred Sweetener)
Hickory or Mesquite Wood Chunks (charcoal) or Chips (gas grill)
Spring Mix or Your Choice of Fresh Greens for Garnish (or Salad option)
1. If you are expecting Vegans, better to prepare Vegetables separately on Grill and keep warm before cooking Chicken.
2. Prepare Grill for Indirect Smoking by heating one Half to High (Gas or Charcoal). Soak Wood Chunks or Chips.
3. Skin Carrots, Devein Celery, cut in Half lengthwise to lay flatter on Grill
4. Chop Apples in Half and sprinkle with Lemon Juice
5. Combine All in Plastic Bag (or in Bowl). Mix in 2 oz Worcestershire Sauce and 2 Tbsp. BBQ Dry Rub or Seasoning. Mix well and Smoke on Indirect side of Grill, after adding Wood Chunks or Chips for 15 Minutes, flipping once.
6. Butterfly Chicken Breasts. Combine with whole Boneless Thighs in Plastic Bag or Bowl
7. Season with 4 oz. Worcestershire Sauce and 4 Tbsp BBQ Dry Rub or Seasoning
8. Smoke Chicken on Indirect Side of Grill for 30-40 Munites, replacing Wood Chunks or Chips as needed
9. Grill Halved Oranges, springing some juice on Chicken towards end of cooking
10. Place Grill-Safe Pan on Hot side of Grill. Add Franks Hot Sauce, Butter and Sugar Substitute. Mix Well and Cover.
11. Once warm (about 10 Minutes), Stir and remove Sauce Pan from Grill.
12. Move Chicken to Hot side of Grill, flipping to finish (about 10 Minutes)
13. Line bottom of Platter with Sping Mix or your Choice of Herbs or Lettuce (for Salad Option
14. Pour Blue Cheese Dressing, Buffalo and BBQ Sauce Bowls, and place in Center of Platter for Dipping [May make separate Bowls for strict Vegans (and use Vegan substitute Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing.]
15. Core Apples and Cut into Quarters. Slice Carrot and Celery in Half or Thirds for hearty Bites. Place on One Side of Platter
16. Slice Grilled Chicken into thick Strips and serve on other side of Platter.
17. Finish with a final Sprinkling of BBQ Rub or Seasoning.
- Preheat Oven to 4:40 Degrees.
- Season and Marinate Veggies and Apples as above, but cut into Sticks and Quarters before placing oiled Baking Pan. Spray more Cooking Oil on top for crisper results
- Cut Chicken Breasts and Thighs into bite sized pieces before Marinating. Cook on oiled Grill Pan (if available)
- Buffalo Sauce Recipe prepared on Stove Top
- Cook Veggies for about 15 Minutes, flipping once. Chicken should cook for about 40 Minutes, flipping until browned.
*Note- Video was produced by BBQ RESCUES Foundation, Inc. in the interest of Healthier Grilling and is Non-Sponsored.
Products Donated by:
True Made Foods- https://www.truemadefoods.com/
Music Donated By:
Echo Park Social Club- http://echoparksocialclub.com/
Other Specialty Products Used:
Franks’s Red Hot Sauce- http://www.franksredhot.com/
Vegan Butter- https://earthbalancenatural.com/
Low Calorie Yogurt Dressing- https://www.bolthouse.com/