Thanks for taking time to find out how you can help. Individuals, Organizations and Business are all welcome to contribute to the BBQ RESCUES! Foundation, Inc. (BBQRF). Our Mission is to improve the lives of everyone who loves BBQ, whether they own a Grill or not. We produce Entertaining and Educational BBQ, Grilling, Fitness and other Socially Conscious content for Youtube, iTunes, Blog Talk Radio as well as all major Social Media outlets.
Your Likes, Shares and Comments help promote BBQ RESCUES! Foundation and Media content on Youtube TV, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and other online platforms. Good Old Fashioned “Word of Mouth” is always welcome whenever you have a chance to tell others about BBQ RESCUES!Your Cost: $0.00
Individual Donations of any amount are also accepted and can be arranged via Paypal, Mail or Online Credit Card processing.
BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS:
Online Sharing and Promotion of our “Info-tainment” goes much further in the format of fun Public Service spots, with you identified as the Sponsor. For more Product-Forward Advertising , please refer to our Promotions Page
We appreciate contributions of all kinds, from Cash Donations, Professional Services, to Products for Prizes and Giveaways. We can also create original Blogs and Videos to fit any Budget. Here is a Chart summarizing some of the ways Companies can participate:
WISH LIST- If your Organization can help out even more, here is a list of specific projects that could use special Professional and Financial Support:
#GetFitChallenge– Funds to support our Research and Social Media sharing of information to include Nutritional and Fitness Advice as well as ways to combat preventable diseases like Hypertension, Diabetes 2 and Childhood Obesity. Products can be submitted for General Review or Blog coverage on Shed It For Life by Larry B.
Products/Premiums- For all occasions, Expos and Special Events. We can work together to find useful Gifts and Giveaways supporting the BBQ RESCUES Foundation, Inc. while also featuring your Company’s Logo.
BBQ RESCUES! Foundation Cookbook- Most of the content has already been created. Need experienced Writers, Editors and Publisher to bring original Heathy BBQ and Grilling Recipes to the public. All Proceeds to benefit the BBQRF Foundation.
BBQ RESCUES!- The Movie!!! Oh Yes, it’s coming- the only Question is: “When”? Looking for help in All Areas of Production to bring it to both Big and Small Screens as soon as possible.
The #GYMM (Gift Your McFastFood Money) Training Program to help teach Non-Profits how to put on local Food Fundraisers across the Country to raise money while providing Healthy and Delicious BBQ to their Communities.
Any other Fundraising or Outreach Ideas are more than welcome. We like to keep our content fresh and fun to help BBQ Enthusiasts “Enjoy Every Bite, and not Gain Weight Left and Right.” [Yeah know, needs help…]. We look forward to hearing from you today. THANK YOU!
NOTE:The BBQ RESCUES! Foundation, Inc. is a registered Non-Profit in the State of California, where donations are tax deductible. Federal 501(c)3 Tax Exempt application is pending. The first pubic BBQ RESCUERS! List (of Supporters) is expected to be posted on June 10, 2017, and will be updated weekly.
Did you know that a small portion of the cash that you spend every week on Fast Food could make a big difference in your Community? The Netherlands just had an 81% Voter Turn Out! That’s a huge number for any group of people to participate in anything. Could you imagine if only 20% of the what we spent in the McDrive Thru went to our favorite Causes? What if you invested 50% of the Eating budget into your biggest asset- Your Good Health? What does this have to do with BBQ? Or Food Event Fundraising? Read on.
First, let me Thank the National Barbecue and Grilling Association (NBBQA) for inviting BBQ RESCUES! to cover their Annual “I Am BBQ” Conference in Fort Worth, TX from March 29th thru April 1st, 2017. The Conference is open to the Public in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. You can attend individual events, or buy an Annual Membership (starting at $50), which includes Discounts and other awesome Goodies all year long. There will also be Educational Seminars for anyone who may be thinking about starting a BBQ related Business. They will cover topics from Budgeting, Menu Planning to “How Do You Waygu?”
For those around the rest of the country, BBQ RESCUES! will try to share as many Tips as possible. I also am honored to have been invited to headline a Children’s Charity benefit BBQ Cookout in Houston, TX. on Sunday March 26th, 2017. This will be the first run of a new program where we will travel the country teaching BBQ Food Fundraiser Bootcamps to Charities, Schools, and other worthy Organizations. The first part will be teaching Recipes and Fo0d Safety Tips to Volunteers. Then invited Guests will arrive later to dine on the foods we prepare as they receive a Cooking Demo on how to prepare the dishes at home.
Here are BBQ RESCUES!’ 7 Tips for How to Prepare a Charity Food Fundraiser:
1. Check Local Laws regarding Food Fundraising Events. One time, Non-Profit events usually do not require paying for the permit, but may still need to register the responsible Certified Food Professional involved and required Proof of Insurance. Laws may vary depending on whether food is served privately to invited Guests, or advertised and sold to the General Public. Some Jurisdictions also make distinctions between Baked Goods, Prepared Ready to Eat Products, and serving Potentially Hazardous Foods.
2. Set Date, Time, Budget and locate an appropriate Venue. Once again, most jurisdictions simply require the supervision of a Food Professional and Potable Hands Washing facilities. So consider whether you need to rent a Church or Commercial Kitchen venue or can do it in the Park and in a volunteer’s Backyard.
3. Plan to keep the Menu Simple, the simpler the better. For Meals- it is good to have Vegetarian, Gluten Free, as well as Meat Options to appeal to the widest pool of possible Participants. [Some jurisdictions require filing HAACP* procedures for each Menu Item.]
4. Pre-Planning is Crucial. Whether you meet by Phone, Skype, In Person or stay in contact via Email, it is important to think through each step of the Event, and assign who is responsible for completing it. First timers, be careful of piling too many tasks on one person. Good Intentions are not enough when it comes to Serving Food Safely.Try to prepare all Volunteers well in advance, so everyone is not starting from scratch getting instructions during event. It is always helpful to prepare detailed Itinerary .
5.Day of Event- Start Early. Do not underestimate how much time it will take to get from Preparing All Food, Doing Set-Up and Coordinating Event Staff prior to receiving Visitors. Remember you always want to bring your “A” Game, when it comes to serving Delicious Food. Most potentially Hazardous Pre-prepared Foods have a 4 Hour Window to be held and served at proper temperatures.
6. Try to Have Fun! Nothing stresses Customers out more than seeing frantic, disorganized conflicts going on with the Cooking Staff. That is why people are regularly walking on the TV Show- Hell’s Kitchen. Everyone is at the Event to support your Charity so make sure they have a Good Time. They will request you to do it again and again, and you will see your Following grow, along with your Club Finances.
7. GOOD LUCK!
Join us for a special Sunday Night BBQ Cookout to benefit Great Inspirations For Teens (GIFT) and Our Children Our Future (OCOF) of Houston, Texas. The event, “GIFT us Your McFastFood Money (#GYMM) will be held on Sunday March 26th, 2017 at 4pm, will feature a Dinner prepared by the Teens with the help of visiting Chef Mick Brown- Host of BBQ RESCUES TV. They promise a delicious and nutritious Menu on a Pay-What-You-Can basis. Also, we will demonstrate how your family can make the Meal at home, for a half of what you’d normally spend on Fast Food.
To RSVP Contact (832) 583-OCOF (6263) or Fill Out Online Registration at:
Mick Brown is a Food Blogger/Purveyor based in Los Angeles, with over 30 years BBQ and Grilling experience. Aside from Caterer and Private Grilling Instructor, his passions are creating Easy Grilling Recipes and searching for the World’s Best Flavors. General Manager of Tastee BQ Grilling Co. and Superfood Spice company California Gold BBQ Rubs. In May of 2015, he won Grill Master Champion on Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen on special BBQ episode “Grill or Be Grilled” (Season 8, Episode 3). He also recently appeared on Bravo TV, catering for the Cast of Vanderpump Rules (Season Finale). He is also author of web blogs The Adventures of Tastee BQ and BBQ Catering Confidential. His latest media project BBQ RESCUES!, includes a Blog Talk Radio Show, Youtube TV Channel and Podcasts on iTunes. The new Non-Profit BBQ RESCUES! Foundation is sponsoring the #GetFitChallenge, does outreach to the Barbecue Community to promote Smarter and Healthier Grilling in the fight against preventable diseases likeChildhood Obesity, Diabetes as well as other important Causes. Email- Mick@BBQRESCUES.com
Sin. Repent. Repeat. Can you really make a #Grilled #GlutenFree version of #Classic #NewOrleans #Gumbo actually #Healthier and #Tastier than the Original? Even #Vegan/#Vegetarian with “Hot #Grilled #HolyTrinity” (#Celery, #BellPeppers & #Onions) and/or with #Smoked #Shrimp, #Chicken and #Sausage? YouBetcha! Add the sweet flavors of #Applewood and Hickory? Fuggedaboutit! Check out this Robust #Calorie #Shredding #Recipe inspired by the #UrbanPressWinery in #Burbank, CA., using their #PinotNoir as part of the #Recipe. #ChefMickBrown also uses #Kingsford’s new #Applewood #Charcoal, #Hickory #SmokingChips and #HEROIC! Gluten Free #NoSalt/#NoSugar Blend by #CaliforniaGoldBBQRubs. #Vegetarian, #Seafood and Classic Mixed #Meat “Not So” #FatTuesday #Gumbo #Recipes are available on http://www.BBQRESCUES.com. Part of the #BBQRESCUES #GetFitChallenge where #LowFat, #LowCalorie #Grilling is #Delicious & #Fun!
Grilled Vegetarian Gumbo (Serves 8)
Catering or Hosting a Big Party? It is better to start with a pot of Well-Seasoned, Mild, Vegetarian Gumbo. It can be perfectly delicious served with Diced Grilled Vegetables. Then split into a second pot to add Smoky Grilled Shrimp, Crawfish, Chicken, and/or Andouille (or Mild) Sausage. Another option is add Meats, and Spicy Hot Sauce to individual Servings. Be mindful of any Guests who may want to avoid Shellfish, Pork or Hot Spicy foods.
8- Variety Yellow, Red and Orange Bell Peppers
3- Bell Green Peppers
1- Bunch Celery
4- Large Carrots
2- White Onions
2- Cups Urban Press Petite Wine
1- 16 Oz. Can Stewed Tomatoes
1- Cup Chopped Garlic
1/2 Cup- Chopped Green Onions
1/2 Cup- Chopped Fresh Parsley and/or Rosemary
4 Tbsp- Superfood BBQ Rub or Seasoning
2 Tbsp- Browning and Seasoning Liquid
2 Tbsp. File Powder
4 Cups Vegetarian or Onion Broth
2 Tbsp. Louisiana Cayenne Hot Sauce (optional, to taste)
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Season, Marinate and Smoke Peppers, Celery, Carrots and Onions for at least an hour. Reserve 1/2 for Puree, Dice 1/2 for soup and cover with 3 Cups Vegetable Broth, simmer slowly.
2. Pan Roast Chopped Garlic, heat with Wine and remaining Veggies. Puree until smooth and combine with 1 Cup Broth to make Smooth. Add to pot with Stewed Tomatoes. Season well with BBQ Seasoning, Browning and Seasoning Liquid, File Powder, Salt, Pepper and Hot Sauce to taste.