by Chef Mick Brown, Courtesy of www.BBQRESCUES.org
If you are reading this, you are probably among the growing number of Americans who are trying to take better care of themselves, which includes increasing exercise and eating a bit healthier, This can also include Grilling BBQ with Leaner Meats, Seafood and adding plenty of Veggies at every meal. For Halloween we thought it is the perfect time to do a Recipe introducing Spirulina. No it’s nothing scary, but a delicious superfood supplement said to be the most “Nutrient Dense Food On the Planet”. Give it a try and see what you think.
Smoky Grilled Shrimp and Lobster Cocktail
For each 1 LB Jumbo Shrimp ( 16-20 or Larger Recommended). Can be served as Appetizer or Entree. Make a separate Veggie Only Plate if Vegetarian on Non-Shell Fish Eaters are expected. For Full Vegetarian Version, use Vegan Sauces, Fresh Horseradish and add more Hearty Veggies like Grilled Carrots, Parsnips, Beets,
1 LB Large Raw Shrimp
2-4 Raw Lobster Tails
Herb & Spice BBQ Rub or Grill Seasoning
Fresh Ground Pepper
Pink Himalayan Salt
3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill
2 Large-Medium Purple Potatoes
2 Large-Medium Sweet Potatoes
3 Stalks Celery
2 Large Lemons
Fat Free Greek Dressing (Optional)
BBQ Cocktail Sauce
1 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/4 Cup Creamed Horseradish
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Glowing Green Tarter Sauce
1 Cup Tarter Sauce (Lowfat Ok)
2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
1 Tbsp Spiralina Powder
Shrimp & Lobster
1. Clean and Marinate Shrimp and Lobster in 2-4 Tbsp BBQ, Salt, Pepper, 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice and 3 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill. Then place on Skewers on flat sides. Grill in Smoker 6-8 Minutes per Side until they turn white.
2. May wrap Potatoes in plastic and precook microwave for 5 minutes to make easier to cut and Grill faster. Slice into 1-1/2”- 2” Slices. Season with BBQ Seasoning, Salt, Pepper and optional Fat Free Greek Dressing. Grill on Smoker for 10 Minutes per side, until tender. Then cut on long side Slices into 1-1/2” Dipping Strips.
3. Grill Lemons in 2” Slices and marinate cleaned Celery Stalks. Grill them whole for 3-4 Minutes per side. Want to add Char but not cook them soft. Cut Celery into Sticks after removing from Grill.
4. Add all Ingredients for each Red and Green Sauce in separate Bowls. Whip each into blended smooth, with solid colors.
5. Place bowls in center of large Platter, Give a final squeeze of fresh Lemon Juice and garish each bowl with Grilled Lemon Wedges. Add a few Shrimp around the rim of each Bowl. Garlnsh with alternately colored Veggie Sicks and Half Moon Slices of Grilled Lemons.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN & Enjoy!
Brands- Recipe Post is non-sponsored, but here are Brands used:
L’Dubyah’s Homemade Stiq and Stay BBQ Sauce
HEROIC! BBQ Rub
Beaver Brand Zesty Deli Horseradish Sauce
PurePlanet Spirulina Powder
Wellness Mama’s Blog on Benefits of Spirulina
VIDEO ON YOUTUBE